ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Contract)
Reports to: Director – Finance and Administration
Manages the accounts payable function within the organization. Examines records of amounts due and makes sure invoices are paid according to terms and discounts taken. Directs invoice processing and verification, expense coding, and drafting of payment checks or ACH transactions. May perform other basic clerical duties associated with accounts payable. May post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable processing and maintenance, including employee expense reports.
- Month-end closing of Accounts Payable function.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Entry of manual checks and other cash disbursements processing.
- Maintain thorough work instructions for J-SOX compliance.
- Various spreadsheet analysis/expense tracking as required by Management.
- Make trips to bank for check deposits.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by the Accounting Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Sage 100, Accounting Software
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
Minimum Requirements of Education, Training, Experience:
- • 1-3 years accounting experience or related area
- • Associate’s Degree, Accounting or related field