Tachi-s Engineering USA Inc. seeks a Test Engineer for its office in Farmington Hills, MI (& Other US locations as needed).
Responsible for assigning internal and external workloads to the assigned test technicians. Managing the workload of the testing department and able to run and perform tests to completion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- • Delegate internal and external jobs to test technicians.
- • Mainly responsible for internal testing event scheduling and sample ordering per event.
- • Knowledge to run and perform tests to completion.
- • Collect all required data for the specific tests and generate test report from the data.
- • Responsible for intermediate checks of machines to ensure test equipment is running properly prior to test.
- • Assist Testing Manager in supplying and tracking the testing inventory levels.
- • Interfacing with customers to communicate specific details of testing, scheduling / planning or general information.
- • General knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard.
- • Assist in maintaining the housekeeping of the test lab under our 5S and OSHA regulations.
- • Maintenance of testing machines including keeping documentation in maintenance log.
- • Knowledge of FMVSS, CMVSS, ECE, JSS, testing, Durability testing, Structural Fatigue testing, Flammability testing, and Strength testing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- • Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
- • Ability to work within deadlines
- • Organizational and time management skills
- • Must be able to read blueprints
Minimum Requirements of Education, Training, Experience:
- • Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- • 2-4 years prior experience in related field
- • Automotive interior seats and seat testing experience a plus